Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 6LY3
- Drive Type: Jet
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 480hp
- Year: 2008
- Engine Hours: 1660
Avalon is a beautiful example of the Picnic Boat EP (Extended Pilothouse). This late model EP stands out among earlier generation examples featuring a port side swim platform door, Glendenning 50amp cord reel and lofty Stidd helm chairs sleeps. She sleeps two comfortably in a forward V-berth and includes a head with shower, and a galley.
Some introductory boat features include:
- (5) Frigast stainless steel 12-volt lamps provide plenty of interior lighting.
- Interior pilothouse window sun covers
- OceanAir Sky screens/shades on all four pilothouse hatches and main cabin hatch
- (4) Hella fans - Two in main cabin and two in the pilothouse
- Glendenning Shore cord reel 30 amp
- Port side transom door
- Cockpit cover
- Alpine CDA-9857 AM/FM/CD stereo receiver, and CD changer
- Alpine CHA-S634 6-disc CD changer with MP3 format
- (2) MB Quartz speakers in Pilothouse: (2) MB Quartz speakers on V-berth forward bulkhead
- Flag Blue Topsides
- W-520 Light Cream Gelcoat Cabin house and deck
- Light Cream Double Boot stripe
- Red Bottom
Construction of the hull is Hinckley DualGuard composite, Kevlar/ E-glass hybrid outer skin with resin infused segmented Aircraft grade balsa and Corecell core, with carbon fiber inner skin, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass and Aircraft grade balsa and Corecell core, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin. The deck sole and fore deck have an Awlgrip painted nonskid pattern. Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline.
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail
Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round rubrail.
- Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform
- Transom handle painted to match hull
- Flush foredeck anchor locker, with hide away windlass
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Varnished teak handrails on the cabin top and on the pilothouse rooftop, also a varnished teak handrail on the aft end of the pilothouse rooftop
- Four (4) elliptical ports on house sides (all opening with screens)
- Hinckley pilothouse mast with spotlight and radome painted to match deck.
- (5) Low profile opening aluminum hatches with screens
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and springline 316L stainless steel mooring cleats
- Padeyes with chafe strips to hang fenders
Entry to the cockpit:
- A stainless-steel cockpit step ladder with teak treads that mounts port or starboard with stainless steel brackets.
Seating in the cockpit is available in the Picnic EP engine box that has an integrated wet bar and an aft-facing cushioned seat finished in custom Sunbrella Ralph Lauren, Boat Blue Sailsfabric for the seat bottoms and seat backs.
- The wet bar at the aft end of the pilothouse includes a molded sink with foldaway faucet and hot and cold pressure water, insulated and self-draining icebox, and a storage drawer. The sink and cooler have a varnished teak cover. The entire engine box/wet bar and seat is hinged on the aft end and has electric lift for easy access to the engine compartment.
Aft is a full-width settee with back and seat cushions finished in fabric that matches the pilothouse cushions. Aft settee includes a hinged lid under the cushion to allow access to removable storage tub and to access bilge areas. The portside has a transom door with a removable folding seat section. There are port and starboard cup holders just forward of cushions.
Other cockpit amenities include:
- Cockpit sole has an AwlGrip painted non-skid deck and direct overboard drainage scuppers.
- There are cockpit lockers with varnished louvered teak doors
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve is located in forward face of stern seat.
- A full teak package covers the dash area and around the pilothouse windows and cockpit coamings.
- (4) Pilothouse windows and include: (2) Sliding side windows and (2) Fixed, forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers.
- Pilothouse sole has AwlGrip painted non-skid deck
- Insulated white overhead has four (4) acrylic opening hatches with Ocean Air screens/shades
- Additional illumination is by four overhead low-voltage halogen lights.
- Pilothouse has a varnished teak handrail on centerline underside of the roof top
- (5) Cup holders
The pilothouse interior has a varnished teak locking companionway door. Two varnished teak handrails are under the aft outboard ends of the pilothouse cabin top.
- Ivory-color drop curtains with windows provide a fully enclosed pilothouse.
- Ivory-colored interior window sun covers for all four pilothouse windows.
Forward are Stidd helm and passenger seats on powder-coated pedestals with foot rests that are height, as well as forward and aft, adjustable. They can swivel to face aft. These seats are finished in Ivory Ultra-Leather with Dark Blue piping. Forward are stainless steel footrests.
Forward passenger area also includes a varnished teak integral handrail/cup holder on the forward bulkhead. A stainless-steel footrest is below the handrail, there is a louvered door locker outboard of the navigator seat pedestal.
Helm Station (Starboard):
- Varnished teak custom instrument pod
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- Hinckley “Jet Stick” control
- Yanmar digital engine multi-function display, SeaKey control panel
- Top-opening locker with chart storage
- 12-volt “cigarette style” outlet in chart pocket
- Two cup holders.
Next aft, the extended pilothouse roof shades additional seating with a L-shaped settee to port, with varnished teak shelf outboard trim that faces inboard and forward and has back and bottom cushions covered in Sunbrella Ralph Lauren Boat Blue Sails Fabric.
- There is locker stowage beneath the settee.
- Triangular Varnished teak table hinges open to make larger square.
- Two opening hatches with shades/screens are over the aft pilothouse area.
- Two cup holders.
- Helm Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Updated Garmin 16” Multifunction GPS Plotter/Radar/Depth
- Raymarine ST 6002 Autopilot
- Standard Horizon VHF with RAM Microphone
- Ritchie Binnacle compass
- ACR Remote Spotlight control
- Lenco Trim Tab controls
- High Water Alarm
The interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry, including sheathing and a custom Cameo white Corian countertop. The cabin sole is varnished teak and holly.
- There is an opening overhead hatch and two opening window ports below in the V-berth
- Opening ports in the galley and head
- All opening ports and hatches have removable screens.
- Hella fans port and starboard on forward bulkhead
- Stereo Speakers on forward bulkhead
From the pilothouse companionway is the galley to port, enclosed head to starboard and V-berth accommodations forward.
- Corian countertop
- Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures and spray nozzle
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Sea Frost refrigeration – 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self draining box
- Force 10 two-burner stainless steel stove with remote propane shut-off and wood cover/cutting board, with electric Propane Gas control panel
- Microwave 110-volt 600 watt oven
- 110-volt outlet
- Pullout under counter garbage receptacle
- (3) Cherry pullout drawers
- Red step light in galley
- Propane shut off valve
- Opening port with screen
- Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink.
The stove is set in the countertop forward and has a stove cover board which adds to the already ample counter space surrounding the sink. Microwave is built in outboard. The refrigeration is mounted aft of the sink and is accessed by a lift-up top. The galley is separated from the V-berth area with a “pantry” locker with louvered door and shelves, and a dish stowage bin is above the pantry locker.
HEAD (Next aft starboard)
- Solid cherry door panel door
- Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning.
- Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted porcelain sink.
- Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water.
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 27-gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer beside the marine head, and a locker access under the vanity.
- 110-volt outlet
- Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation.
- Cushions are upholstered in Ralph Lauren Topsail Bluefabric
- Storage under the V-berths with easy access cherry drop-front door to port.
- Storage in forepeak behind a louvered cherry door.
- Hanging locker to starboard just aft of the V-berths.
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
- (2) Hella fans – port and starboard bulkhead facing aft
- Overhead opening hatch with Ocean Air screen/shade
- V-Berth filler cushion
- Throw pillows
Low resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system:
12-volt DC electrical system:
¨ (3) 12-volt batteries for a total of 540-amps
¨ 80-amp battery alternator on engine
¨ Heavy duty battery parallel switch also allows emergency starting
110-volt 30-amp AC electrical system:
¨ AC electrical distribution panel, volt and amp meters and DC sub-panel
¨ 110-volt shore power inlet, relay and shore power cord
¨ MasterVolt inverter/Battery Charger
¨ Glendenning 30amp electric cord reel
Electrical panel includes thermo-magnetic breakers, volt and amp meter
2008 Yanmar 6LY 480-hp diesel engine, Hamilton 292 Jet Drive, ZF IRM220PL transmission and Vetus 7” 12-volt bow thruster. Hinckley custom “Jet Stick” control system is integrated with the bow thruster.
- Racor fuel filter/water separator filter
- Yanmar Digital Multifunction Engine gauge
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, and high-water temperature
- Custom wet exhaust muffler system
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission
- Manual hydraulic steering helm pump
- (2) Electric 1500 GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches
- Whale emergency bilge pump mounted in cockpit locker
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump
- Racor Water indicator panel
- ProMariner Galvanic Isolator monitor
- FireBoy Engine Shutdown Override Panel
- Heater Control
- Aluminum 27-gallon holding tank with overboard discharge
- Stainless steel 6-gallon hot water heater – shore power and engine heated
- Acoustic lined foam engine box insulation and double gaskets on engine box cover with electric riser
- Engine box exhaust fan
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & socket
- Boat hook
- Brass 6” Bell
- Dock lines
- Deck shower/water outlet with hot & cold mixing valve
- Life jackets
- Hand held flare kit
- (3) 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- 2-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash
- Masthead and running lights
- ACR Masthead mounted spot light with helm mounted electric remote control
- Muir electric windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with Delta 22# anchor + 15” SS chain & 150’ anchor rode and stainless-steel bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld remote at anchor locker.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.