DisclaimerThis listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.
Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Caterpillar
- Model: C-18
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 1,015hp
- Type: Inboard
- Year: 2006
- Engine Hours: 1880
- Engine Location: Port
- Make: Caterpillar
- Model: C-18
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 1,015hp
- Type: Inboard
- Year: 2006
- Engine Hours: 1700
- Engine Location: Starboard
Designed by David Marlow for his personal use and built to Lloyd's Offshore Class One standard, 'Gratitude' stands out as a serious and infinitely comfortable long range ocean cruiser.
Originally named 'Rebel Yell', she made her impressive debut at the 2006 Miami International Boat Show and featured as 'Yacht of the Year' for 2006 in Yachting Magazine.
Engineered to the highest standard and in the award winning Marlow factory, Gratitude offers powerful and efficient cruising thanks to her modified hull design featuring a wave-piercing bulbous bow, Velocijet Strut Keels and extra-long range fuel capacity, allowing her to 'go anywhere'.
'Gratitude' is seriously for sale, and is ready to take her new owners wherever they dream of going in comfort and style.
This Marlow Explorer 72 is powered by two Caterpillar C-18 1015hp diesel engines with 1880 and 1700 hours respectively.
Engines are easily accessible from the full-standing height, soundproofed and air-conditioned engine room.
The engine room on this Marlow 72 also features two Northern Lights 25kw generators with 1794 and 1561 hours, and the air-conditioning unit.
Other mechanical features on this Marlow Explorer 72 include:
- Bow and stern thrusters with remote control
- Naiad active stabilisers with multi-sea controls and spline driven hydraulic pump
- Aquadrive Centa flexible drvie couplings
- Sea Chest raw water intake system
- PSR fresh and sea water pressure systems
- PJR drinking water pump
- 30 gallon stainless steel water heater
- Aqua Matic modular 900 water maker/desalinator 38 Gallons per Hour.
- 6x 3700 GPH bilge pumps with auto & manual switch.
- Headhunter Royal Flush Hydro-Vac Heads (2) Master (1) VIP (1) Port Stateroom.
- Custom hydraulic swim platform with adjustable chocks that can hold the tender or a jetski. Dual 2,500 lbs hydraulic cylinders with a lift capacity of 2000 lbs. Has wired and cordless remote control.
This Marlow Explorer 72 E-LR is constructed using state of the art modern materials and techniques to create a strong and efficient cruiser. The use of Kevlar, modified epoxy resins and high-density core allow Marlow Explorer to be stronger than the heaviest of hulls at a fraction of the weight, allowing her to go further, more efficiently.
Features of her construction include:
- Proprietary RIVAT Infusion Process.
- Molded FRP flush window frames.
- Engineered sandwich construction throughout.
- Laminated and tempered window glass.
- Dupont Kevlar lamination fabrics.
- Non-skid FRP decks, main & flybridge.
- Screens on all opening windows, hatches and ports.
- Sandwich bulkhead, floors, stringers construction.
- Deck Lights 24V.
- Burmese Teak weather decks, pilothouse and aft deck.
- Red night lights on command bridge.
- Heavy Duty low profile 316L SS hatches (6).
- Heavy Duty 316L solid stainless rubrail.
- S/S ladder with teak steps, cockpit to bridge.
- Bulwark doors and gates port and starboard.
- Portuguese Bridge deck storage lockers.
- Cockpit deck lockers.
- Cockpit controls.
- Engine room access from cockpit.
- Faux teak coaming and handrails with 10 coats of marine epoxy.
- Owner aboard logo lighting.
- Oval stainless steel handrails.
- Velocijet Strut Keels.
- Sliding hatch and door to bridge from pilothouse.
- FRP bow pulpit with S/S anchor roller.
- Transom door.
- FRP swim platform with teak inlay.
- Covered upper aft deck, lower aft deck, and side decks.
The spacious aft cockpit of this Marlow Explorer 72 features uninterrupted teak decks and a built-in seating area. The extended fly bridge above provides shelter for the aft deck and the large salon door opens to create a flowing entertainment space from inside to out.
There is a docking station in the cockpit that has engine controls, thruster controls, VHF radio, Simrad Jog lever steering (for rudder control), and an IS 15 multifunction display for wind speed, direction, and water depth.
Aft are twin stairways leading to the extra large hydraulic bathing platform, a pneumatic assisted transom door provides access to the engine room and crew quarters.
The saloon of this Marlow Explorer 72 benefits from the full beam of the vessel. Ultra-leather settees are provided to port and starboard with an aluminium aviation inspired coffee table with built-in storage. Additionally there are two comfortable arm chairs and a large flat screen TV.
A very functional full-size bar is located on the port side, and features a granite counter top, refrigerator, hidden sink with drinking water, and a two-zone wine cooler.
Plentiful storage is provided throughout the saloon are including book shelves along the side walls. To starboard there is also a desk area with file drawers.
The Galley of this Marlow Explorer 72 is inspired by a 'country kitchen' configuration. With a open plan spacious galley area leading on to a elevated dining area with raised teak dining table and seating for seven guests, offering spectaular views while cruising.
The galley counters are a beautiful raw silk granite with under-mounted Franke sink. There is a Dacor cooktop at the forward end of the U-shaped counter with removable stainless-steel sea rails and pan holders. Beenath the cook top is an electric oven and four Sub Zero refrigerator drawers. A handy spice/storage cabinet separates the sink and refrigerators. The Fisher & Paykel dishwasher is conveniently located within easy reach of the sink and a large top-opening freezer is located in the forward port corner of the galley.
On either side of the pilothouse are port and starboard sliding pilothouse doors. For ultimate extended cruising convenience, there is a pop up mini helm station on the starboard side, complete with remote engine and thruster control, synchronised control, autopilot remote, 15" Raymarine multi-function display, and VHF.
Accommodation for 7 guests is provided within 4 cabins on board this Marlow Explorer 72.
A master stateroom is located aft and benefits from the full beam of the vessel. The master stateroom features a centre line king-sized double bed, with marble topped bedside tables to either side. There a TV which cleverly flods down from the ceiling, and plentiful storage is provided in 5 hanging lockers. The master cabin benefits from a private ensuite bathroom with his and hers heads, twin basins and a separate shower compartment.
A VIP stateroom is located aft and features a king-size centre line double berth, plentiful storage and an ensuite bathroom which includes a separate shower compartment.
To port is a further guest cabin, with twin side-by-side single berths and an ensuite bathroom. There is also a further single guest cabin, with a day bed.
The crew quarters are located aft of the engine room and benefit from the full beam of this Marlow 72; they can be accessed both from an entrance in the cockpit and also from the full-height transom door aft.
The crew area includes twin bunks, a night stand, refrigerator and hanging lockers. The crew also has their own spacious head with sink, shower and toilet facilities.
The upper deck of this Marlow Explorer 72 features the command bridge. The bridge offers excellent views from multiple window, over the front of the boat, offering a safe all-weather helm position.
The helm station features an L-shaped electronics console, pilot and co-pilot Stidd helm chairs, and twin L-settees with teak grate tables which are raised to permit excellent visibility. There are doors to port, starboard and aft with three opening screened ports overhead. The large dual pane windows (tempered glass with 3m hurricane film sandwiched in between) allow for excellent 360-degree sight-lines for the Captain and guests.
The command bridge on this Marlow Explorer 72 is designed to offer a great living space underway, at the dock, or anchored out. The cabin sole is teak and ebony, a beautiful contrast to the teak and holly below decks. A refrigerator is adjacent to the starboard copilot chair.
There is also a very large shaded aft deck with rear facing seating, comfortable lounge chairs and a large round cabana with sun/wind shade. There is also a second outside grill, icemaker, and a sink in this space.
Navigation equipment on board this Marlow Explorer 72 E-LR includes:
- Full Garmin electronics package (2016)
- Three Garmin GPSMAP8212 15” MFD plotters with Multi-touch Touchscreens
- Garmin GMRTM 1226 xHD2 6’ open array radar and pedestal 12kw
- Garmin GMR 424 xHD2 Radar Antenna Kit
- GMX 52 SiriusXM Marine Receiver
- Garmin VHF 300 AIS Radio
- Garmin VHF 600 AIS Transciever
- Garmin GHP20TM Reactor Hydraulic Corepack with smart pump
- Garmin GRFTM 10 Redder feedback sensor
- Garmin GCV 10 Black box sonar
- Sidevu and Downvu with CHIRP
- Garmin GSDTM 24 Digital Black Box Network Sounder
- Three Garmin GNXTM 120 Marine Instruments
- ITC-5 Transducer converter
- Marine Black Box
Other electronic equipment on board this Marlow Explorer 72 includes:
- Intellian Direct TV HD s6HD Marine Satellite TV antenna system
- Lorex by FLIR 8 channel
- 4 camera 1080P 1TB DVR Surveillance System and Two 6” Polyplanner Speakers
- Cell phone booster
- Sat phone
- Sat TV
- set up for Wi Fi connectivity when in a marina
- Twin spotlights with remotes on the dash
- Wireless Yacht Controller allowing the helmsman to move to where the greatest visibility is afforded
- Underwater lights Lumitech SeaBlazeX underwater LED Light, White/Blue – controlled separately – modes solid white, solid blue, fade white to blue, strobe. New batteries (2014).
This Marlow Explorer 72 is equipped with a heavy oval stainless bow rail with twin Maxwell vertical windlasses. Her anchors include an 80 Danforth and a 70KG Bruce.
Additional deck gear includes:
- Hidden fueling ports with anti-spill catch basin.
- 1.375" stanchions main deck.
- Stainless steel cleats & hawse holes.
- Aquamet 22 propeller shafting
- Stainless steel heavy duty portholes
- Custom CNC cut Nibral propellers, "S" class.
- Fresh water wash-down - cockpit
- Bronze through hull fittings.
- Twin spotlights with remotes at helm
- Custom stainless anchor light
- Pennant bracket
- Zincs on rudders and shafts.
- Windlass, dual Maxwell vertical.
- Teak or stainless steel steering wheel.
- Super Duty custom trim tabs.
- Teak bow and stern staffs.
- Sea water washdown - forward deck
- Exalto heavy duty windshield wipers and washers.
- Proprietary stanchion base mounting system
This Marlow Explorer 72 is also equipped with a 14ft AB Nautilus RIB tender with a Yamaha 60hp 4-stroke outboard (10 hours). The tender features console steering, bimini top, Sunbrella cover and Garmin navigation instruments.
Nicolle Associates offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- As always photographs do not do justice so a viewing is highly recommended.
- This boat is lying in Florida, USA.
- © 2018 Nicolle Associates